View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 01:11 PM  
DayCuts

Because the amount of developement time and personally provided quick support, for both the program and website, could not be offered if it was free.

In general, Software developement is a profession not just a hobby. Not all developers have the time or financial stability to offer such a service and product for free. I dont know if this is the case or not, but ponder this question.. would you go to work if your boss told you he wasn't going to pay you? I doubt it.

I am a bit of a software developer myself, and the stuff i write is infact free (usually open source stuff), but this means that almost no support can be provided and that projects progress slowly when and if i have the time to work on them. Due simply to the fact that i have to work a full time job elsewhere.

I hope you can see my point, regardless, it seems that you have used the trial period as it was intended, and decided that you prefer smartftp. So i dont really see why this matters to you at all.

At the end of the day, the reason does not matter, just as the decision on what ftp client to use is entirely yours, the decision to charge belongs entirey to the developers