View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 01:00 PM  
bpat1434

I think it's enabled by default because it speeds up the load times of listing. If you cache the directories and you're going up and down the tree, it's easier to have a cache and only "refresh" the ones you want.

I agree, but your logic is flawed. If caching is such a problem, why would browsers do it? What if you are watching an eBay item and your browser caches everything. And you don't close it but come back. You see no-one has outbid you, and you think you've won. You later get an email stating you lost the item. What?

Caching is there so the displaying of files runs faster. Browsers do it, your computer does it. FlashFXP does it, I think, as a nicety to the user. It's not that hard to turn off, and really, it's not that important of a feature. If you FTP something into your remote device, and know something should be changed, just hard-refresh it. The cache is cleared and you've got a "live" listing. Not that hard.

I see your point, but don't fully agree. If you know how to FTP/FXP something, you should know about caching and how to "refresh".

~Brett