theg0at

Arrow Very Strange...

* FlashFXP v[3].[x], build [1xxx], [x]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [x] WinXP, [ ] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other
* Running behind NAT/router [ ] Yes & Model [ ], [x] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [ ] Yes, Name [ ], Ver. [ ], or [x] No
* Running Antivirus [ ] Yes, Name [ ] or [x] No
* Network [ ] xDSL, [x] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [ ] Other

This should be easy I suppose for you guys to figure out.

I run a website (useless site but anyway, I have fun with it). I just upgraded my Cox HSI to the "Premium" (9 Mbit down, 1 Mbit up).

If I directly download a file from the site, I get maxxed-out as they say -- 1.0 - 1.1 MB/s.

If I go into my FlashFXP and download the same exact file from the same exact folder for my website, (it's a 24 MB video I made with my webcam but this is just an example anyway), I get fluctuating speeds of high 400 KB/s up to 780 KB/s and average speed throughout the transfer is around 650 KB/s.

This is frustrating. And it doesn't make sense. Back before I upgraded, I got maxxed-out all the time (not that I used that much as I usually am uploading).

I should also mention uploading, I'm fine - My upgraded upload speed with Cox is now 1 Mb/s and I get a steady 980 KB/s - 1.1 MB/s.

Here's something even stranger:

Same file from my same ftp for my same website and -everything- using SmartFTP trial version and I download at FULL SPEED, baby!

So obviously something is up with FlashFXP. I've messed around with many settings and can't find an answer. I'm a computer nerd so I knew a lot of this 'stuff' anyway. I even went as far as trying to tweak my registry using www.speedguide.net as a source for things to try but nothing helps. Only other FTP programs do the trick.

Any ideas? This is so puzzling.

I have Cox coming out to my home on Monday - 2 days from now - to make sure my cable lines in my home are okay and all but I'm sure they are - afterall, other FTP programs work great and so does downloading from the web.

I did try the latest FlashFXP build and Beta builds, too.

So what's the deal? I'm at a loss....

Thanks in advance guys. I would really appreciate it if you could fix it.