View Single Post
Old 01-23-2006, 01:20 PM  
nifty-stuff

Question Pre-Sales Questions -

Friends,

I've been searching for THE BEST FTP application out there and have narrowed my search to 3 candidates... FlashFXP being at the top of the list so far. I love the interface and I love the features.

Here are a few questions I've got after playing around with the application for a few days:

• I don't know if this is a bug or not, but when I check "Synchronize Browsers" it doesn't remain selected the next time I open the application. I use this feature 99.99% of the time and would hate to have to select it every session. Any plans to fix this soon?

• I tried to drag a file from FlashFXP onto an icon on my taskbar (for editing) and it wouldn't let me! Using other FTP apps I can drag files and drop them on either Dreamweaver, notepad, or anything else and it will open in that program. All I get with FlashFXP is a circle with a line through it. (BTW, I know I can set the default program, but I usually like to use multiple programs for different tasks)

• License: Can I use my 'single license key' on my desktop computer and my laptop?

• I know it is expected to be added later, but I'm surprised there isn't currently multiple thread support. Do any of y'all think this even make a difference, especially when downloading hundreds of tiny files?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and comments!