View Single Post
Old 02-06-2006, 02:05 PM  
bear78

Same problem, not dual processor though

I experienced the same issue. I don't have dual processors but I narrowed the problem down to transfering many many small files. (maybe a memory isn't deallocated or similar?)

I get the same problem, flashfxp cpu usage goes up to 100% after transfering for a while. When I kill the process I can restart it and transfer for a while again but finally it locks up the computer again. When I then kill flashfxp explorer.exe goes up to 100% cpu usage and the computer jams. Often I can't even resolve from this state without doing a hard shutdown of the computer. pull cable/push and hold power button.

I did a test just a minute ago where I transfered a large amount of small files where I stopped the upload after a while, restarted flashfxp and continue to transfer the cue. This prevented flashfxp from going up to 100% cpu usage, which could point at som sort of memory issue or something in that field.

What do you think?

* FlashFXP v[3].[2.0], build [1080], [x]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [x] WinXP, [ ] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other
* Running behind NAT/router [x] Yes & Model [Netgear WGT624 v2], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [x] Yes, Name [Symantec client firewall], Ver. [7.1.3.1039], or [ ] No
* Running Antivirus [x] Yes, Name [Symantec Antivirus 9.0.3.1000] or [ ] No
* Network [ ] xDSL, [x] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [ ] Other

additional info if related
* FTP server(s) name [Gene6 FTP server], version [3.6.0]