View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 10:59 AM  
gutset628

Default Weird Happenings With XBOX Transfers. Need Help PLZ

* FlashFXP v[3 ].[2 ], build [1080 ], [ ]registered, [x ]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [ ] WinXP, [ x] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other
* Running behind NAT/router [ x] Yes & Model [Lynksys ], [ BEF???] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [x ] Yes, Name [Symantec Client Firewall ], Ver. [10 ], or [ ] No
* Running Antivirus [x ] Yes, Name [Symantec Client AV ] or [ ] No
* Network [ ] xDSL, [ x] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [ ] Other

additional info if related
* FTP server(s) name [ ], version [ ]
* timestamped, and side prefixed FTP log (please paste)
* any other info

I'm was just trying to update an app on my xbox. No biggie. I've made file transfers 100 times before.

I ftp into the xbox and delete the application folder. All is well.

I begin the transfer of the new application folder to my xbox. Gets to about 57% and the speed drops to nothing, "transfer failed" "no route to host".

I could not reconnect to my XBOX. So I check network settings on the XBOX. My Default Gateway was changed from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.24(the ip of my xbox, that was weird)

I change it back to x.x.1.1 and attempt to reconnect. Success. I begin the deletion of the app folder again so I can start again from the begining. I loose connection during the deletion process.

Check network settings: Everything is as I left it. I change IP address, and while I'm at it I delete the app folder using a tool from within the xbox.

Reconnect with new settings, success. Begin transfer again. Loose connection again. around 15% complete.

Redid the steps above one more time. changing the IP as that seems to be what allows me to connect to the xbox again. Same results, connected untill I try to transer then I loose it.

This JUST started happening. I don't have a log right now because I'm in class, but any help or info on what may be causing this would be appreiciated. If I left out any info please just ask and I'll answer to the best of my ability from my current location.

Thanks Alot.