View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 11:43 AM  
KineticPoet

Default FlashFXP/Network Question

Our company is looking at your FTP client and everything I've seen so far I've liked. There is one glaring problem that I have not experienced with any other FTP client though.

We have a drive on the network (J Drive) that holds all of our website files.

When I try to scroll down and view the files on the network it becomes INCREDIBLY slow. It basically freezes up for about 5 seconds (like it's caching) and then it catches up. It does that until I'm able to scroll all the way down to the bottom. (which takes forever) Once I get to the bottom I'm pretty much able to scroll up/down with no problem. Like it's been cached. But once I close the client and open it back up again, the problem is back.

I haven't had this issue with any of the other ftp clients I've tested and we do spend enough time uploading files to our webserver that this would pose a real problem (Which sucks because other than that I really like this program) Any ideas on what the issue is and if there's a solution? Thanks.

FlashFXP v[3].[2], build [1080], [ ]registered, [x]unregistered, [ ]pirated

OS [x] WinXP, [ ] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other

Running behind NAT/router [ ] Yes & Model [ ], [x] No, [ ] Not sure

Running firewall [x] Yes, Name [SonicWALL], Ver. [not sure on version], or [ ] No

Running Antivirus [x] Yes, Name [Symantec Corporate Anti-Virus 10.0] or [ ] No

Network [ ] xDSL, [ ] CABLE, [ ] Dial-Up, [x DS3] Other