View Single Post
Old 04-17-2006, 03:48 PM  
_panic_

Default ioFTPD 5.8.8r released

i just released ioFTPD 5.8.8r.

unlike my previous releases, this is a full release of the distribution, binary, library, configuration, site, etc. it is essentially a snapshot of my development tree, minus source code.

i've added quite a bit of documentation to the configuration files, changed the default configuration to make it easier to get started with ioFTPD, and done some basic documentation of the install process, with references back to these forums and the user guide.

all of this is intended to make it easier to get started with ioFTPD. additionally, i'd really like to figure out what is causing site commands to fail. in all my testing i wasn't able to uncover anything, so i'm putting a new baseline out there for further testing.

this release includes several enhancements:
  • the server side of the testing framework is included in the "site/" directory. the client side isn't available yet, so this is a bit of a teaser/technology preview. it isn't very well documented, but have a look around.
  • several small issues found while doing testing have been fixed. i don't think anything is user visible.
  • tcl updated to version 8.4.2.12
  • php updated to version 4.4.2.2

i'm hoping that the update of both tcl and php will help with the site command problem, and if it doesn't that we can at least develop a test showing what is going on. i'd like to recreate the problem if it doesn't go away with this release. please test!

please direct all comments to the comment thread.