View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 10:46 PM  
_panic_

Default wk2 development status

this is my third weekly status report.

i didn't get my goal accomplished this week, which was having a working ioftpd compiled from source. i'm still getting the same error i had last week, "failed to create creds." the problem orginates from the call to |CertFindCertificateInStore|, which ultimately fails. the code doesn't try to determine why, it just aborts.

i've checked both version 0.5.82u, as well what code exists in version 1.0, and they both use the routine the same way. there are only a couple ways this routine can fail, so i just need to figure out which one it is and fix the problem.

in order to do this, i needed to start modifying the code, so i finally got my revision control system set up. i've selected darcs, as i wanted a "distributed revision control system." this means i can carry a full repository around on my laptop as well as on my desktop. i move around a lot, so being able to check in code while on the move was very important. i'll probably talk about darcs (and distributed revision control) more in the future, since it really changes the way you can colaborate writing software.

i also spent some time looking at the 4k+.ioFTPD bug, since it was supposed to be a misuse of reallocating memory (and hence easy to fix). i actually couldn't find it in the directory cache/permission code, leading me to suspect it might actually be fixed in the code i've got. i guess we'll see when i get the next release out.

as usual, please direct any comments to the comment thread.