View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 09:13 PM  
_panic_

Default wk0 status

as promised, here is the first of my weekly status reports.

i'm still getting fully ramped into development. in fact, i haven't been able to compile ioftpd yet, as i'm still missing headers for php and tcl. i'll locate these this week. that hasn't stopped me from reading and learning about the code, which at this point is as important as compiling it, as i'm still learning about major subsystems of ioftpd.

i've begun the process of documenting the UserModule interface. i won't be able to publish anything until i have ioftpd compiling, but i have the skeleton for a basic UserModule dll that i'll publish as source code.

i've also been organizing feature and bug requests, and trying to put that data together into a coherent list. here is my first stab at it:
  • source code for a sample UserModule, GroupModule, EventModule library.
  • documentation for the UserModule, GroupModule, and EventModule interfaces.
  • full ssl data (ioftpd<=>ioftpd) support.
  • ability to access and modify user/group/vfs settings from outside of ioftpd.
  • support for extended/custom user/group data fields.
  • support for extended/custom .ioFTPD data.
  • scripting as a module, so we can add lua, and php, as well as use the existing tcl interface.
  • script access to all builtin verbs, particularly LIST.
  • bugfixes to the chattr command.
  • bugfixes to the OnLogout/OnConnectionClose event handlers.

the most important things to me on this list are ssl support, and code/documentation for the module interfaces. i'll be working on bugfixes (including those on this list) at the same time as these larger projects.

hopefully i've summed up the feature requests i've seen at this point, let me know if i missed anything.

please direct all comments to the comment thread
(thx for the idea EwarWoo)