View Single Post
Old 07-17-2005, 05:06 AM  
PopWeasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganymede
sorry darkone looks like i started a riot! I agree with ewarwoo ip checking a necessity that will change the way i feel about the FTPD, personally i dont think this should be scripted functionality this should definitly be part of the core functionality.

secondly how is cert authentication going to work... thats my biggest concern - like what FTP client supports cert authentication...?! like how is the key exchange going to work? this is certainly going to f up my ioWeb project i just spend 6 months implementing SSL and now its going to be cert based... - no ftp clients supports this...??? or do they?
Probably they don't yet I imagine but the same could've been said for PRET and XDUPE at some point. And we all know how useful those features have been. So I think we just need to wait and see how it will work. Maybe there will be an 'XCERT' (eXtract CERT) feature made which when connecting to [new version of] io site will upload local cert -> site somehow. Darkone must be having a good laff at us trying to figure this out btw lol.
PopWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote